Share this news postcommented on "Tony has completed work in Mood Disorders, Alcohol Problems and Management with a smattering of more unusual interests such as Scotland, ..."/news/publications/16863
Publications10 February at 09:07 from atlas
Tony has completed work in Mood Disorders, Alcohol Problems and Management with a smattering of more unusual interests such as Scotland, the World Cup, and self harm
1. Copolov DL, Rubin RT, Mander AJ et al. Pre and post dexamethasone salivary cortisol concentrations in major depression. Psychoneuroendocrinology 1985; 10: 461-467.
2. Mander AJ. Is lithium justified after one manic episode? Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavia 1986; 73: 60-67.
3. Mander AJ. Is there a lithium withdrawal syndrome? British Journal of Psychiatry 1986; 149: 498-501.
4. Copolov DL, Rubin RT, Mander AJ et al. DSM-III melancholia: Do the criteria accurately and reliably distinguish endogenous pattern depression? Journal of Affective Disorder 1986; 10: 191-202.
5. Mander AJ. Clinical prediction of outcome and lithium response in bipolar affective disorder. Journal of Affective Disorder 1986; 11: 35-41.
6. Mander AJ. Mania: The First Illness (MPhil Thesis). Edinburgh 1986: University of Edinburgh.
7. Mander AJ, Whitfield A, Kean DM et al. Cerebral and brain stem changes after ECT revealed by magnetic resonance imaging. British Journal of Psychiatry 1987; 151: 69-71.
8. Mander AJ, Loudon JB. The rapid recurrence of mania following abrupt discontinuation of lithium. Lancet 1988; ii: 15-17.
9. Mander AJ. The use of lithium and early relapse in manic depressive illness. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavia 1988; 78: 198-200.
10. Mander AJ. Prediction of early relapse after lithium discontinuation. Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine 1989; 6: 23-25.
11. Copolov DL, Rubin RT, Sutart GW, Poland RE, Mander AJ et al. Specificity of the salivary cortisol DST across psychiatric diagnosis. Biological Psychiatry 1989; 25: 879-893.
12. Mander AJ, Loudon JB. Clinical sequelae of lithium discontinuation. Psychiatry Digest 1989; 3: 26-27.
13. Markar H, Mander AJ. Efficacy of lithium prophylaxis in clinical practice. British Journal of Psychiatry 1989; 155: 496-500.
14. Mander AJ, Rubin RT, Copolov, DL et al. Predictive power of the salivary cortisol dexamethasone suppression test for three year outcome in major depressive illness. Journal of Psychiatric Research 1989; 23: 151-156.
15. Mander AJ. Diagnostic change, lithium use and admissions for mania in Edinburgh. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavia 1989; 80: 434-436.
16. Mander AJ. The early signs of manic relapse after lithium discontinuation and their clinical implications. Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine 1990; 7: 42-45.
17. Souza FGM, Mander AJ, Goodwin, GM. The efficacy of lithium prophylaxis of unipolar depression: Evidence from its discontinuation. British Journal of Psychiatry 1990; 157: 718-722.
18. Goodwin GM, Souza FGM, Mander AJ. Lessons from the withdrawal of lithium prophylaxis. In Raagni G, Brunello N, Fukada T (Eds). Biological Psychiatry vol 1: Elsevier 1991.
19. Souza FGM, Mander AJ, Foggo M et al. The effect of lithium discontinuation and the non effect of inositol on thyroid hormones and cortisol in patients with bipolar affective disorder. Journal of Affective Disorders 1991; 22: 165-170.
20. Mander AJ. The manic readmissions explosion in Edinburgh. Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine 1992; 9: 26-29.
21. Kehoe RF, Mander AJ. Lithium treatment; prescribing and monitoring habits in hospital and general practice. British Medical Journal 1992; 304: 552-554.
22. Mander AJ, Smith MA, Kean DM et al. Brian water measured in volunteers after alcohol and vasopressin. Lancet 1985; ii: 1075.
23. Smith MA, Chick JD, Engleman HM, Kean DM, Mander AJ et al. Brain hydration during alcohol withdrawal in alcoholics measured by magnetic resonance imaging. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 1998; 21: 25-28.
24. Mander AJ, Weppner GJ, Chick JD et al. An NMR study of cerebral oedema and its biological correlates during withdrawal from alcohol. Alcohol and Alcoholism 1988; 23: 97-102.
25. Mander AJ, Young A, Chick J et al. NMR T1 relaxation time of the brain during alcohol withdrawal and its lack of relationship with symptoms severity. British Journal of Addiction 1989; 84: 669-672.
26. Chick JD, Smith MA, Engleman Helen McGowan, Kean DM, Mander AJ et al. Magnetiv resonance imaging of the brain in alcoholics; lifetime alcohol consumption and cognitive deficits. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 1989; 13: 512-518
27. Mander AJ, Young A, Chick J et al. Relationship of ventricle to brain ratio and T1 in alcoholics: an MRI study. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 1989; 24: 57-59.
28. Mander AJ. Alcohol Dependence: Changes in the MRI T1 Relaxation Time and its Anatomical, Physiological and Biochemical Correlates (MD Thesis). Cardiff 1989: University of Wales.
29. Mander AJ, Young A, MacDonald TM et al. Blood pressure, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis and cortisol changes during withdrawal from alcohol. Alcohol and Alcoholism 1989; 24: 409-414.
30. Mander AJ, Young A, Merrick MV et al. Fluid balance, vasopressin and withdrawal symptoms during detoxification from alcohol. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 1989; 24: 233-237.
31. Mander AJ, Best JJK. Does cerebral oedema contribute to the alcohol withdrawal syndrome?: A review of the clinical and MRI evidence. Internal Medicine for the Specialist 1989; 10: 99-102.
32. Mander AJ. Donford: A case management study. Clinician in Management 1999; 8: 227-230.
33. Mander AJ. Evaluating an integrated mental health service. In: Enhancing Mental Health Services, pp34-36, HDWA 2000; Perth, WA.
34. Mander AJ Development of an integrated mental health service. Clinician in Management, 2001; 10: 135-146.
35. Mander A, Gomes A, Castle D. The management of change in a community mental health team. Australian Health Review, 2002; 24: 118-124
36. Mander AJ. Admission to medical school - a personal experience. Gazette of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Sciences 1983; XXVII: 213-214.
37. Mander AJ. Alcohol: Friend of fiend? South Glamorgan Council on Alcoholism 1984.
38. Mander AJ, Norton B, Hoare P. The effect of maternal psychotic illness on a child. British Journal of Psychiatry 1987; 151: 648-650.
39. Mander AJ, Goodwin G. The neuroendocrinology of psychiatric disorders. Hospital Update 1990; 16: 211-227.
40. Kehoe R, Mander AJ. The Edinburgh lithium register. Psychiatric Bulletin 1989; 13: 611-612.
41. Masterton G, Mander AJ. Psychiatric emergencies, Scotland and the World Cup. British Journal of Psychiatry 1990; 156: 475-478.
42. Mander AJ, Chiswick D. Forensic psychiatric services in South East Scotland. Psychiatry, Psychology and the Law 1994; 1: 199-203.
43. Mander AJ. A summer fellowship with Albert Ellis. Psychiatric Bulletin 1995; 19: 501-503.
44. Mander AJ. Hypnosis in the treatment of dysphonia. Australian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis 1998; 26: 43-48.
|Address||Suite 62, Hollywood Medical Centre
85 Monash Avenue
|Phone||08 9386 7855|
|Fax||08 9386 7466|
Phone usually answered:
9am - Midday
9am - Midday
9am - Midday
For holiday closures & other changes see facebook